Code of practice for young people
Highgate Cricket & Lawn Tennis Club Tennis Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all its members. The club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with:
Club Welfare Officer
07931 668 362
As a junior member of Highgate Cricket & Lawn Tennis Club Tennis Club you are expected to abide by the following code of practice:
- All members must play within the rules and respect officials and their decisions.
- All members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of age, gender, ability, race, cultural background, religious beliefs or sexual identity.
- Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions, or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late.
- Members must wear suitable kit for training and match sessions, as agreed with the coach.
- Members must pay any fees for training or events promptly.
- Junior members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or whilst representing the club at competitions.
- Junior members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on the club premises or whilst representing the club.
Highgate Junior Members Code of Conduct
- Be kind, friendly and welcoming to everyone, especially new players.
- Listen to your coaches, try your best and challenge yourself.
- Don’t get disheartened if you haven’t played well.
- Play with honesty, respect and courtesy, win or lose.
- Call all lines and scores clearly and honestly, if in doubt give the point to the opponent.
- Treat all of your kit and the club’s equipment with respect and do not leave litter on the court.
- No bullying or bad language will be tolerated.
- Do not leave the club unless the coach knows you are going and your parent/guardian is there to collect you.
Bad Conduct Disciplinary Procedure
- Speak to the Player about their conduct – verbal warning.
- If the bad conduct continues, inform the parent/guardian and DOT – written warning.
- If the bad conduct continues, inform the parent/guardian and DOT and issue a temporary suspension.
- If the bad conduct continues inform the parent/guardian and DOT and membership cancelled and ban issued. Player is not allowed to play at the club. Tennis Committee informed.