There are plenty of opportunities for you to improve your game whatever your level. From group coaching focusing on shot development or tactical play to individual lessons, our coaches will help you be the best you can be. See below for information on our Adult Coaching Sessions, individual booking slots and our coaches.
Our coaches aim to improve your game. Our adult pathway will help guide your progress as you develop.
Higher Team Training/Adult Performance
1st teams and County Tour and above.
Team players 1-5
Club players, ladders 6-10.
Players who are not beginners, they can rally over 10 shots from the
baseline and serve consistently.
Adult beginners 2
Players who have completed Beginners 1 and the coach has recommended for them to move up or those that are coming back into the sport at a low level.
Adult beginners 1
Players new to the sport or have received very little coaching
Adult Coaching Sessions
Highgate has Adult Coaching Sessions throughout the week, from beginner to advanced levels, focusing on all aspects of the game from:
- Shot selection
- Cardio tennis
- Basket drills
- Doubles tactics and finishing the point.
See a full list of our Adult coaching sessions here
If you would like to purchase gym membership the cost is £80 for the year.
Before you purchase membership you need to complete an induction with a level 3 qualified Instructor, sign a consent form, sign the PARQ and disclaimer stating that you are using the gym at your own risk.
The induction includes: completing all necessary paperwork, blood pressure checks and explaining how to use equipment safely.
Contact Piotr to arrange an induction – Tel: 07915 394756
Once you have completed the induction you can purchase membership on this link and make the payment. You can purchase a membership for the gym on this link
Book an adult course
Highgate has some of the best coaches in the game, specialising in all areas. They all have private booking slots that can be booked directly by emailing them.
Coaches contact details are in the members contact list. If you are new to coaching at Highgate and/or want other information on coaching please contact the coaching team.
Director of Tennis
- LTA Level 5 Master Club Coach, LTA L4 Performance Coach
- Middlesex U10 Girls County Coach
- Middlesex She Rallies Ambassador 2017-2019
- Over 15 years experience in coaching and developing programmes, recently running her own coaching business in North London.
- Middlesex Coach of the Year 2013
- Enjoys working with all ability levels and ages
- Doubles Specialist
Available for: Adult, Junior HPT & Junior Group & Individual Coaching
LTA Performance Coach
- Specialises in- Advanced Technical Performance
- Highly skilled development coach with a keen eye for the technical limitations/strengths within a player’s game
- Worked with some of the best young talent in the country
- Players 5-14 and adults of all levels
Available for: Adult Individual and Junior HPT Individual Sessions
LTA Level 4 Senior Club Licensed coach
- Passionate and enthusiastic, with a fun and informal coaching style. Rob specialises in a child-led (player-led) approach to learning, applying the principle that playing tennis has to be enjoyable. If you want to be committed enough to see real improvement in your game, it HAS to be fun.
- A background in science enables Rob to take a biomechanical approach to teaching. This ensures effective, efficient, adaptable, and, most of all, safe technique.
- Specialises in junior development through from beginner to adult advanced level.
- Understands the mindset and dedication needed to compete at a high level having represented the Isle Of Man at football, tennis (junior county) and table tennis (junior/senior international).
‘Whether you’re a beginner or an aspiring champion, my goal is to see you loving your tennis.’
Available for: Adult Individual Group Sessions and Junior Individual Sessions
UKSCA Accredited Strength and Conditioning Coach
- LTA level 3 Tennis Coach
- Reps level 3 Personal Trainer
- Graduate of Sports College
- Greatly passionate about fitness and sport specific physical preparation. My goal is to maximise your performance and minimise the risk of injuries.
- See Piotrs blog on tennis conditioning
Available for: Strength & Conditioning and Personal Training
10yrs experience tennis coaching. I focus on the person first and the player second. By adapting my approach I aim to create the optimum environment for each individual to learn.
With all players I look at technical, tactical and mindset. Building on these basics with performance players I work more on patterns of play and a psychological approach that I draw on from studying BSc Sports Development and Coaching Sciences.
Trained by Prof. Steve Peters author of Chimp Paradox, I also work with performance players including juniors and their parents in 1:1 and workshop sessions as a mindset coach.
Recently formed part of the team helping Highgate win Middlesex Tennis Disabilities Programme of the Year 2017 and have experience with members of the Visually Impaired Team GB and other athletes.
Passionate about learning and expanding my knowledge base and staying up to date with the latest performance models.
LTA level 4 Senior Club Coach, PTR and RPT National professional
- Over 20 years international coaching experience.
- Coaches all levels from junior beginners to senior performance players & specialises in doubles match play.
- Played junior & senior county level & played collegiate tennis at Kansas State University while studying for a BA in Sports Management.
Available for: Adult Individual and Group Sessions and HPT Junior Individual Sessions.
Additional fees where applicable
- Non-members fees include a visitor’s coaching fee of £2, (£1 for juniors). Visitors’ should sign the Visitors Book at the bar and pay the visitor’s coaching fee to the bar.
- Members have priority over non-members for all coaching slots.
- Email the individual coach for details of their coaching availability.
- Floodlight fees may apply to certain sessions – please check with the coach.
- Peak times – Monday to Friday after 4pm and Saturday & Sunday all day
Off Peak times – Monday to Friday before 4pm
Email the coaching team