Highgate Cricket & Lawn Tennis Club (HC<C) Privacy notice
Under new laws that came into effect on in May 2018, we need to provide you with certain details concerning how your personal data will be used and protected. Highgate Cricket & Lawn Tennis Club take the protection of the data we hold about you as a member seriously and are committed to respecting your privacy. This notice is to explain how we may use personal information we collect and how we comply with the law on data protection and what your rights are.
Names of CLUB
Highgate Cricket & Lawn Tennis Club (HC<C)
Categories of personal data we collect
- Name and date of birth
- Contact details
- Emergency contact details
- Sporting experience information
- Video/Photography agreement
- Participation agreement
- Records of communications and interactions we have with you
- Financial information including bank/credit card details. These are not held by us but are collected by third party payment processors who specialise in the secure online capture of credit/debit card transactions
Sensitive personal data
- Medical/specific requirements information
- Disability information
- DBS details
Our sources of the personal data
We obtain personal data:
- Directly from you when registering to join the club or when signing up to events and activities at the club via our club management system
- From someone else who has applied membership or booking details on your behalf (e.g. club coaches, junior co-ordinators or family member/friends who have provided us with your details specifically for that purpose)
- From general email and phone enquiries
- From Play-Cricket database & All stars registration
- From the LTA (for example, where the LTA passes on your details to us in connection with a complaint or query you have raised, or in relation to an LTA-sponsored event or programme).
- When conducting membership and feedback surveys about the services we are providing
Automated decisions we may take
Purposes for which we process personal data
HC<C will process personal data for:
- Managing membership subscriptions and renewals
- Managing member contact details and enabling members to contact each when organizing teams and matches
- Administering bookings and attendance at sport sessions
- Dealing with medical needs/specific requirements
- Supporting the delivery of sport and fitness sessions
- Training and running competitive events
- Reporting of participation and any incidents and of figures and trends (including equality and inclusion information)
- Quality and improvement monitoring
- Safeguarding purposes
- Keeping you informed about coaching activities and events at the club
- Administering the Wimbledon ballot
Who we will disclose your personal data to
We do not sell or share your personal data for other organizations to use. Personal data collected and processed by us may be shared with the following third parties, where necessary:
- ECB and LTA for safeguarding matters
- Coaches and other volunteers for administrating training sessions/match
- Volunteers who work at other school cricket or tennis clubs/venues to support the delivery of sessions and ECB Leagues
- The Middlesex County Cricket Board that supports the cricket programmes at Highgate
- LTA for details of committee and volunteer roles at the club to fulfil the requirements for annual governing body registration.
- Third party service providers for sending mailings e.g. Campaign Monitor and Mailchimp
Legal basis for processing your personal data
The legal basis for the collection and processing of your personal data is:
- Administration and programme delivery – where it is necessary to fulfil the contract that you are going to enter into or have entered into with us
- Dealing with medical needs: – where we have your explicit consent or it is in your vital interests.
- In all other cases: where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (to enable members to engage appropriately with our venue and activities and to increase participation in cricket or tennis) and it does not prejudice or harm your rights and freedoms.
Your right to withdraw consent
Where you have given your consent to any processing of personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. If you do, it will not affect the lawfulness of any processing for which we had consent prior to your withdrawing it.
You can update your marketing consents in your profile area of our online club management system found at www.openplay.co.uk and by unsubscribing from email marketing. To do this, click on unsubscribe at the end of our marketing emails.
Alternatively you can contact us directly (see below).
Location of your personal data
HC<C will keep your personal data within the European Economic Area.
How long we will keep your personal data for
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is reasonable and necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
For most membership data this means we retain it for so long as you have a valid club membership and for a period of six years after your last interaction with us (for accounting, tax reporting and record-keeping purposes).
For non-members we shall retain your personal data for up to 2 years after your last interaction.
Your rights in respect of your personal data
You have the right of access to your personal data and, in some cases, to require us to restrict, erase or rectify it or to object to our processing it, and the right of data portability.
Our contact details
phone: 07889 489 236; 07530 425 871
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we are handling your data please do not hesitate to get in touch with the club using the above contact details. You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, website: www.ico.org.uk.
Approved by the General Committee 1/10/2018