Highgate Junior Tennis Camps
Booking Open for the 2020 Tennis Camps at Highgate. Come along and ‘Be the best YOU can be’
Highgate’s Holiday Tennis Camps are now open for booking. These popular and fun camps are available to all ages and abilities. They will enable your child to play and learn in beautiful surroundings with enthusiastic, professional coaches on great courts.
Camps are suitable for children of all ages and levels. Our aim is to give every child the chance to “be the best you can be” within a fun and enjoyable environment. Everyone will be given a chance to practice, see demonstrations, learn balance and co-ordination and most importantly hit lots of balls. We pride ourselves on giving our players a great learning experience so our camps stand out from the rest due to our low coach:pupil ratios. We use the LTA recommended ratio guidelines of 1:4 for tots, 1:8 for 5-10 years old 1:12 for 11years+
See below for camp structure:
- 9.45am Arrive for registration
- 10.00am Warm up and Touchtennis
- 10.30am Technical coaching drills
- 11.30am Drink and snack break
- 11.45am Tactical coaching drills
- 12.45pm Cool down and stretch
- 1.00pm Lunch and half day players depart
- 2.00pm Matchplay/practice
- 3.00pm Tennis Games/Drills
- 3.50pm Cool down and stretch
- 4.00pm Sign out and managed pick up.
Highgate is an LTA Clubmark club which ensures that our club provides the following:
- Activity/playing programmes – this includes, for example, coaching qualifications required, insurance, and correct coach to participant ratios.
- Duty of care and welfare – appropriate risk assessments, health and safety policies, training, compliance and child protection policies.
- Knowing your club and its community – this ensures that your club is committed to fairness and equity in respect of the way in seeks to attract and retain members from your local community.
- Club management – this ensures that the club’s management team has the correct structure and policies and plans in place.
Easter Camps – 4 day camps:
Week 1: Monday 6 April – Thursday 9 April
Week 2: Tuesday 14 April – Friday 17 April
May Half Term holidays – 4 day camp:
Tuesday 26 May to Friday 29 May
Half days, full days or weekly prices are available with sibling and member discounts. Special weekly discounts are available if you book the full week at camp (half day or full day) . Book here or for more information, dates and prices click here or email us if you need any extra information
Summer Camp Dates are:
Week 1: Monday 20 July – Friday 24 July
Week 2: Monday 27 July – Friday 31 July
Week 3: Monday 3 August – Friday 7 August
Week 4: Monday 10 August – Friday 14 August
Week 5: Monday 17 August – Friday 21 August
Week 6: Tuesday 24 August – Friday 29 August
October Camp Dates:
Monday 26 October – Friday 30 October
We look forward to seeing you at the club!
Highgate Coaching Team