Since Monday 8th June, Highgate Tennis Club have moved to a Managed Play Phase in line with the Government & LTA’s guidelines.
Please read the below information and guidelines on Highgate’s Return to Managed Play:
Highgate Tennis Club follows that latest LTA COVID-19 secure guidelines
Please note that there is obviously still some risk associated with coming to the club, like virtually all activities, at the moment. Individuals must decide whether to take risk, and must remember that the committees cannot warrant, if you will excuse the legal language, that you will not contract COVID-19 at the club. Please only come if you are prepared to accept the risk.
- All 12 courts are open – Club courts, School courts & Brookside Courts.
- Booking is available at 8am the day before to be pre-booked through the club’s online court booking system.
- The Coaching Team are running 1-1 coaching
- Singles Play, or Doubles Play between members of different households is allowed, ensuring social distancing of 2m is maintained at all times.
- All Junior & Adult Group Coaching has resumed – All attendees must have pre-booked through the Highgate website. Sessions will be delivered in accordance with LTA Covid guidelines – https://www.lta.org.uk/workforce-venues/coach-teach/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-coaches/
- Players are advised to clean their hands with alcohol gel after touching shared surfaces such as gates. Where safe and appropriate, doors and court gates can be left open during playing hours
- Some of the tennis courts will be locked for security reasons, all the codes will available be in the court booking email confirmation.
- The Clubhouse is open
- MEMBERS ONLY – no guests/non-members are allowed to play at the club in this phase
- Adult, Family & Junior Members can book 3x 30 mins session per day for Singles or Doubles play
- Juniors under 12 should only play if accompanied by an older junior or adult during Off-Peak Times (see Court Booking Rights below)
- Adult & Junior Members can book Group Coaching
- Adult & Junior Members can book a 60 mins 1-1 with one of the coaching team
- Adult Club Social Sessions (weekends 1.30pm to 3.30pm , included in the membership fee)
- Beginners Social Session Friday evenings
- Singles ladder competition from September, included in the membership fee
- Club Doubles Tournament in September
- Inter club matches resuming in September (Mens, Womens, Mixed and Vets competitions)
- Winter League American doubles on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings from October to March
- Adult coaching programme including drop-in sessions for all level
- Junior Club Nights – U10 on Fridays 5.30-7pm & 11+ on Fridays 7-8.30pm
- Sunday Matchplay – 9am-12.30pm
Adult Members – Any court available for booking
Mid-week term time – any bookable court up until 6.00pm
Mid-week school holidays:
- Brookside and School courts from 1.00pm – 10.00pm
- Main courts from 1.00pm until 6.00pm
- School courts 1.00pm onwards
- Brookside courts anytime
- Main courts from 5.30pm