HIGHGATE CLTC AGM
SUNDAY 23 MARCH
Free tea, coffee and cake to everyone who turns up by 12pm.
The combined Cricket and Tennis Club AGM will be held at the Clubhouse on Sunday 23rd March 2014 at 12 Noon. It will be followed by the Tennis Section AGM commencing at 2pm.
Highgate is now a club of well over 500 members. The last year has seen some important changes to the structure of the club, particularly on the tennis side.
Significant work has been undertaken including the overhaul of the coaching structure; the introduction of an administrator to support the implementation of a new integrated membership and course management system which will soon go live and of course a new tennis website.
This is your chance to play a role in developing the club, its facilities, membership and unique location in the coming year. Highgate relies on the good will of many of its volunteer supporters and we are looking for those of you who can spare the time to provide your professional skills for the good of the club.
We’d like to draw your attention to the vacant positions and the urgent need for these positions to be filled at the AGM. The General Committee meets (approx.) 8 times a year. Compared with some of the other roles, particularly the section Chairs, the vacant positions are not as onerous but are vital as the Club seeks to grow and move forward.
These roles would suit club members as well as those otherwise connected with the club (e.g. parents of cricket colts and tennis juniors). We would consider external candidates and if these positions are not filled at the AGM we will consider approaching external candidates.
The General Committee of the Club looks after the club’s facilities, bar and finances. It also has an overview responsibility of the Tennis and Cricket Sections and the Section Officers also sit on the General Committee.
The offices of the General Committee are as follows:
- Chair – Position Vacant
- Vice Chair – Position Vacant
- Hon. General Secretary – shared between Patsy Nightingale & Kate Stevens – standing for re-election
- Hon. Treasurer – Andy Newton – standing for re-election
- Bar Secretary – Position Vacant (Maureen Maguire is standing down)
- Social Secretary – shared between Vicky Gilbart & Kim Slater – standing for re-election
- Child Welfare Officer – Position Vacant
- Bar Committee – (3 members) – Dave Baker & Andy Newton – standing for re-election – one position vacant.
The vacant positions, with a brief description of the role, are:
- CHAIR – Chairs GC meetings, looks at the strategic direction of the club, deals with other clubs, external relationships (e.g. the Local Authority, Shepherds Cot Trust etc.), provides support to the section Chairs.
- VICE CHAIR – Provides support to the Chair standing in in their absence. Other ad hoc projects as required.
- BAR SECRETARY – We have a thriving bar and excellent franchisee’s in Chanya & Amy. In conjunction with the Hon. Treasurer (who monitors the Bar Finances) the Bar Secretary provides support to the Franchisee and is the liaison between the Bar and the General Committee.
We need to fill these positions at the AGM if this club is to continue to thrive and grow. Please consider if you could take on one of these vacant positions. If you would like to know more or would like to stand then please contact Patsy Nightingale (General Sec email@example.com / 07813 075168), Liz Berryman (Tennis Chair firstname.lastname@example.org / 07775 782522), Simon Battersby (Cricket Chair email@example.com) or myself.
For and on behalf of the General Committee